Leadership Exchange 2022, Destination: Detroit, Michigan
Special thanks to our Leadership Exchange Sponsors
The Chamber’s first Leadership Exchange was in 2003 when the KC Chamber escorted 55 regional leaders to Pittsburgh, PA for a look at downtown redevelopment, arts investment, philanthropy, and sports stadiums. Below is a list of past Leadership Exchange Destinations.
For more information please contact Ashley Johnson at email@example.com.
Past Leadership Exchange Destinations & Topics
- 2021 | Salt Lake City - Workforce development, regional transit planning, partnering with state leaders, immigration reform, community visioning and leadership.
- 2019 | Nashville - Business to education impact, regional collaboration, downtown vitality, and healthcare.
- 2018 | Denver - Regional collaboration, workforce development and business-education partnerships, transportation and innovating mobility, and scientific and cultural facilities.
- 2017 | Boston - Innovation ecosystems, K-12 and higher education reform measures, and collaboration between higher education and business, crime and violence reduction strategies.
- 2016 | Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - Sports Economy, entrepreneurism, transportation, airport development, riverfront development, philanthropy.
- 2015 | Portland, OR - Millennials, bi-state regionalism, transit-oriented development, airport redevelopment, higher education impact.
- 2014 | Silicon Valley - Entrepreneurism, higher education-community collaboration, impact of tax structures, Millennials.
- 2013 | Baltimore - Race relations, entrepreneurism, economic development, urban redevelopment.
- 2012 | Austin - Leadership, entrepreneurism, transit planning, wellness, energy sustainability, higher education.
- 2011 | Charlotte - Regionalism, economic development, growth/impact of an urban university
- 2010 | Indianapolis - Regionalism, biosciences, community branding, community leadership, higher education, water infrastructure
- 2009 | Nashville - K-12 community investment, healthcare, higher education, race relations, downtown performing arts center
- 2008 | Denver - Regionalism, transit, leadership, community branding, community consensus-building
- 2007 | Minneapolis - Regionalism, transit, downtown redevelopment, performing arts facilities, K-12 innovations
- 2006 | Seattle - Regionalism, climate protection strategies, community concensus-building, downtown development
- 2005 | Cincinnati - Bi-state relations, economic development, race relations, healthcare innovations, creating a united arts fund
- 2004 | San Diego - Downtown redevelopment, downtown stadiums, bio sciences, K-12 innovations
- 2003 | Pittsburgh, PA - Downtown redevelopment, regional Asset tax, downtown stadiums, arts district, philanthropy