Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation Return to Workplace Plan
May 15, 2020
At Kauffman, we’ve worked to create a RTW plan that’s both business forward and human forward. The first phase of our RTW plan runs through July 3 and is focused on continued access to WFH, access to meeting rooms (for associates only) and access to offices/cubes. We are not engaging in professional travel, hosting guests in our facility or hosting/attending convenings at this time. We’re taking a strict approach to physical distancing, conducting regular, CDC aligned cleaning and providing (but not requiring) masks.
There are several key themes guiding our return to work:
- We are prioritizing associate and community health. Our return to work plan is designed to support associate health and safety. We are committed to guidelines and practices that ensure a safe return to work, so we will be taking a gradual, cautious approach.
- Personal health – and situations at home – will guide when associates can return to the office. We will not require vulnerable individuals, those with COVID-19/recovering from COVID-19, caring for someone with COVID-19 or caring for school age children to return to the office immediately.
- Our plan will evolve based on data and expert guidance. Our plan will be informed by public health guidance, public policy and peer data on return to work practices. We expect that over time we will be able to loosen restrictions on workplace access/behavior but do not yet know when that will be possible.
- We will continue to work effectively, productively and collaboratively. All associates will have continued access to the technology needed to work effectively from home. Phase One of our return to work plan also provides access to individual cubes/offices and in-person meeting rooms to meet with Foundation colleagues.
- We will continue to focus on communication – we’re asking all associates to err on the side of overcommunication. Our aim has been to provide transparent, clear information and that will continue. We also ask that teams continue to communicate even more regularly – about goals, expectations, opportunities and challenges.