Public Policy Committees
Exclusive membership council that supports Chamber’s advocacy programs at all levels of government.
Chair/Co-Chair: Richard Martin, JE Dunn
Advises and guides KC Chamber Public Policy in Kansas.
- Chair: David Waters, Spencer Fane
Advises and guides KC Chamber Public Policy in Missouri.
- Chair: Erik Bergrud, Park University
Advises and guides KC Chamber on business trends, opportunities and challenges in Kansas City, MO.
Chair/Co-Chair: David Frantze, Stinson
Allows connection and interaction between Chamber members and city officials and other community leaders.
- Chair: Pat Contreras, McCownGordon Construction
Advises and guides Chamber’s work in improving access to a ready and qualified workforce.
Advises and guides Chamber’s Transportation Big 5 and state and federal transportation policy.
- Chair/Co-Chairs: Mike DeBacker, Burns & McDonnell / Scott Smith, HNTB (retired)
Advises and guides Chamber’s Aviation policy.
- CoChair: Carl Wilkes, Garmin / John Peterzalek, Cerner
Advises and guides Chamber’s Real Estate policy.
- Chair/CoChair: David Harrison, VanTrust Real Estate
Advises and guides Chamber’s Financial Services policy.
- Chair/Co-Chair: Paul Thompson, Country Club Bank
Advises and guides Chamber’s education and school board policy.
- Chair: Dr. Kenny Southwick, Executive Director, Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City
Advises and guides Chamber’s Military Affairs policy.
- Chair/Co-Chairs: Terry Dunn, DD Ranch / Shawn Geib, Honeywell FM&T
Connects the business community to formerly incarcerated men and women to give them meaningful jobs.
- Chair/Co-Chairs: Jeff Simon, Husch Blackwell / Jean Paul Bradshaw, Lathrop GPM