McCownGordon Stay Safe Plan
May 28, 2020
In the coming weeks and months, we’ll begin the process of returning team members who have been working remotely back to our offices. The safety of our team, clients and partners remains our highest priority as we implement these plans, which will follow the guidelines of experts such as the World Health organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health organizations and governing bodies.
Here’s a summary of what to expect:
Returning to standard business operations will take place in phases, each designed to slow the spread of COVID-19. We intend to follow local, state, and federal public health guidelines throughout this plan.
- Phase 1: Slow Return – A limited number of associates will work at our offices, practicing strict social distancing, cleaning and other safety guidelines.
- Phase 2: Interim -- Additional associates will work at our offices, continuing to practice strict social distancing, cleaning and other safety guidelines.
- Phase 3: Final (New Normal) – All associates will work at our offices, with loosening of social distancing and other stringent safety protocols, based on health guidelines.
In Phase One
(Kansas City Office: Phase 1 goes into effect June 1, 2020. Kansas Offices: Phase 1 is expected to go into effect the week of June 8, more details will be shared soon.)
Associates who can work from home are encouraged to do so, whenever feasible with business operations (See Flexible Workspace addendum).
- Associates who have expressed a need to return to the office to maintain productivity and have been approved to return may do so.
- Special accommodations will be considered for associates who are members of a vulnerable population, or for parents with COVID-19 childcare-related challenges. Contact your Manager to discuss special arrangements for childcare challenges and/or your HR Business Partner to request an accommodation due to vulnerabilities related to COVID-19.
Most of the current COVID-19 protocols for staying safe, following CDC guidelines, limiting travel, etc. remain in place during Phase One and Two. However, we will implement several new protocols as part of the phased approach.
Associates can expect to:
- Continue to follow the COVID-19 Response Plan (Project Site Version)(Non-Project Site Version).
- Complete a required online training course outlining our Stay Safe Plan.
- Complete a daily screening process (Office Health Screening Procedure).
- Enter offices and project sites through the main entrance (or garage entrance in KC). Other doors to offices will not be accessible.
- Complete a daily health screening questionnaire if working from a project site or office.
- Receive temperature screening upon arrival at all offices and select project sites. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, you must return home.
- Reserve conference rooms electronically and include all participants on the invitation for contact tracing purposes.
- Stay home if:
- You have tested COVID-19 positive or have COVID-19 related symptoms.
- You share a home with someone who has tested COVID-19 positive or has COVID-19 related symptoms.
- If in the last 14 days, you have come in close contact (<6 feet for 15 minutes or longer-per CDC Guidelines) with someone who tested COVID-19 positive or someone who has COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Return home and call or email your manager immediately if you become sick at work.
- Have access to Personal Protective Equipment.
- Access hand sanitizer and disinfecting supplies at entrances and your workstation.
- Clean your workstation at the beginning and end of each day, and meeting rooms before and after each meeting.
- Bring your own Whiteboard pens and erasers to meetings, as they will be removed from conference rooms.
- Use the COVID-19 IT Support Procedure for all IT support requests.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- Have the ability to confidentially share concerns about compliance and safety via our new Compliance Hotline- mccowngordon.ethicspoint.com.
Offices and Project Sites will incorporate additional safety measures, including:
- An assigned COVID-19 Coordinator at each office, and select project sites, will assist with processes and procedures, and help ensure the safety protocols are followed.
- Kansas City: Amanda Hinman 913.907.6797
- Wichita: Sarah Blogref 316.734.7704
- Manhattan: Jill Sherman 620.786.9360
- COVID Officers serve the same role at select project sites with temperature screening.
- Offices are closed to guests through at least June 15 at which time this policy will be re-evaluated.
- Guests are allowed on project sites only when necessary for business reasons.
- Protective barriers installed at workstations closer than six feet apart.
- Regular sanitizing of frequently touched areas.
- Clean drinking containers are required for each new cup at coffee stations.
- Posted occupancy limits for meeting rooms, which must be electronically reserved.
- At 850 Main, soda, ice machines, wine and beer taps will remain closed. The Fitness Center will be open with limited capacity. (See complete COVID-19 Stay Safe Plan for more information).
Travel related information:
- Shared vehicles should continue to be reserved and must be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use. Appropriate supplies will be provided in each vehicle.
- Minimize non-essential travel and adhere to KDHE guidelines regarding isolation following travel.
- Associates taking personal travel should adhere to KDHE and local health department guidelines regarding isolation after travel.
Here’s the comprehensive overview of our complete COVID-19 Stay Safe Plan which includes extensive details you should know. Please review it carefully. Chances are, if you have a question it is answered in the comprehensive plan. You may also contact your department manager, any member of the Stay Safe Task Force or your HR Business Partner for additional information. If you have concerns pertaining to the Stay Safe Plan or regarding COVID-19, you may also make a confidential report or inquiry using our Compliance Hotline, EthicsPoint (EthicsPoint Access Instructions). We appreciate the cooperation of all associates in keeping our team healthy!