Linda Hall Library to Host Panel Discussion on Proposed Missouri Hyperloop
Feb 01, 2019
KCUR’s Steve Kraske will moderate a panel of Missouri Hyperloop Coalition members as they discuss the recently released feasibility study and the proposed route along the I-70 corridor from Kansas City to St. Louis.
“The Missouri Hyperloop: 2019 Path Forward and Coalition Updates” will take place at 7:00 p.m. on February 21 at the Linda Hall Library. The Hyperloop will transport passengers in pods through a tube, with an estimated travel time from Kansas City to St. Louis of 28 minutes. The Missouri Hyperloop Coalition includes the University of Missouri System, Black & Veatch, MODOT, Missouri Innovation Center, Virgin Hyperloop One, and KC Tech Council. Panelists will include:
- Drew Thompson, Project Manager, Black & Veatch
- Ryan Weber, President, KC Tech Council
- Dian Zhou, Director of Project Strategy, Virgin Hyperloop One
- Ismaeel Babur, Senior Civil Engineer, Virgin Hyperloop One
- Zhou and Babur will join the conversation remotely from Los Angeles, California.
The Linda Hall Library is located at 5109 Cherry St. in Kansas City, Missouri. The event is free and open to the public; however, e-tickets are required. Learn more about the program and register for tickets at lindahall.org.