Athletico locations are open, available, and ready to serve our community both in clinic and via telehealth services
Mar 25, 2020
During this unprecedented situation with COVID-19, you may be aware that many Kansas City outpatient Physical Therapy clinics are temporarily closing their doors.
Please know that our Athletico locations are open, available, and ready to serve our community both in clinic and via telehealth services.
Athletico Physical Therapy is committed to the safety and well-being of our patients. Our goal is to provide continuity of high quality care for our clientele, as well as for those who may have lost access to other healthcare providers.
We continue to implement dynamic comprehensive measures instituted by the CDC to remain open and available to treat patients that are outlined below.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, you may be aware that Kansas City along with many adjacent municipalities have recently instituted a Stay At Home Order. This order requires residents to remain at home unless they are engaged in services essential to one’s health and safety or those of their family members. Outpatient rehabilitation is considered an essential healthcare service that has been permitted and encouraged to operate to keep our patients healthy and out of hospital and emergency room settings that cannot currently handle the capacity. Additionally, it is our fundamental duty to ensure that we provide the necessary resources to promote health and wellness to those in need.
- Prior to receiving treatment, we will offer to perform a temperature check using a no touch infrared thermometer.
- Every patient will participate in a comprehensive screening questionnaire
- The CDC has identified certain populations that are of higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19. As such, we have special procedures in place for older adults and those with serious chronic medical conditions.
- Only essential family member or caregivers are allowed in the clinic and are required to remain in the waiting area while their loved one is being treated
- We have suspended all visits from outside vendors, and student interns, and non-essential staff
Patient and Clinic Protection
- More frequent cleaning with CDC-approved cleaning agents is our top priority
- Our employees continue to practice good hand hygiene
- Appropriate equipment spacing to best comply with CDC recommendations
Physical Therapy Telehealth Visits
- Available to new and existing patients via multiple platforms
- Covered by most major insurance providers; restrictions that will be discussed with patients at time of call
- We encourage patients and providers to visit www.athletico.com/telehealth to learn more about these services
- Patients are encouraged to call our centers, request an appointment online, or call 1-877-ATHLETICO to request a telehealth appointment
- Click Here for contact information for all 10 of KC locations or Google search for the closest clinic to you
Please don’t hesitate to contact any of our metropolitan locations with further questions or comments. We are here to serve in this time of need.