2022 Top 10 Small Businesses Announced
Apr 29, 2022
Educators. Restauranteurs. Contractors. A construction firm. A marketing agency. Those are just some of this year’s Top 10 Small Businesses.
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the 2022 Top 10 Small Businesses in the Chamber’s Small Business Celebration. These businesses are competing to be named Small Business of the Year and take home the prestigious Mr. K Award.
This year’s Top 10 are below, including websites and marketing contacts if you wish to contact them:
- Chicken N Pickle - Carrie Bartlow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crux KC – Kara Brooks, email@example.com
- DEMDACO – Jonathan Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- KD Academy – Myron McCant, email@example.com
- Midwest Recovery Centers – Taylor Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parrish & Sons Construction – Fahteema Parrish, email@example.com
- Resolve Counseling – Catie Tweedie, firstname.lastname@example.org
- RK Contractors – Katelyn Sullivan, email@example.com
- SnapIT Solutions – Akayla Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walz Tetrick Advertising – Katy Jennings, Kjennings@wtads.com
“Every year I become more and more impressed with our Top 10,” said Joe Reardon, President & CEO of the KC Chamber. “These incredible small businesses have shown resilience and innovation over the past year to be here at this moment. We are so proud to continue supporting small businesses and recognize how they keep Kansas City moving forward.”
The Chamber announced the Top 10 throughout the morning of April 29 over social media.
The Small Business of The Year will be announced Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Small Business Celebration Awards Luncheon at the Marriott Muehlebach Tower – Imperial Colonial Ballroom, 1213 Wyandotte.
In addition to Small Business of the Year, the following specialty awards will also be presented:
- The KC Chamber Emerging Business Award
- The KC Chamber Small Business Equity Award
- The KC Chamber Weida Award for International Small Business of the Year
- The KC Chamber Legacy of Kansas City Award
The KC Chamber Small Business Celebration is recognized as one of the largest Chamber small business celebrations in the United States. The Small Business of the Year receives the coveted Mr. K Award, named for Ewing Kauffman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. To be named Small Business of the Year signifies that a company that has shown growth or sustainability of their business with strong employee relations, a record of giving back to the community, and prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion.